Monday, February 18, 2008

What now?

I recently applied for a job in Indy. After what I considered a medicore interview I got a letter confirming that feeling. No job with that company. I'm not terribly dissappointed, things are going pretty well right where I'm at. The trouble I face now is where to go from here. Velocity is picking up and things seem to be going well. We're training 8-10 college football players that are preparing for their pro day so they can hopefully make the NFL. This is by far the largest group that we've had and some are of pretty high calibur. Michael Bush, former U of L running back and currently with the Raiders, is training with us and so is Brock Bolin, also a U of L running back. We have a ton of kids coming in and one of the other coaches is getting our adult program on track to be much more than the dedicated 12 or regular joes that come in to get a workout. The problem is how long do I wait to see if Velocity can be a career or a job.

I've looked into transition to teaching, a year and 18 credits would make me ready to teach elementary school. Middle school and high school require 2 years at 6 credits a semester. I don't even know if I'd want to teach. Sometimes I think it might be fun, other times I think the idea of being able to coach a wrestling team makes me think it'd be worth the teaching regardless if that's what I really wanted to do. If anyone reads this let me know what you think.

To completely change topics, if you haven't notice there is a team of basically freshman and sophmores sitting at the top of the Big Ten from a little place called Purdue University! Techniqually tonight I guess, they play to stay in sole possesion of #1 against the cheating, ugly warm up wearing Indiana Hoosiers. This should be a great game and I'm looking forward to seeing the Baby Boilers walk out of Assembly Hall with a "W". The only thing that sucks about this season is the fact that it didn't happen about 3 years ago so I could have been there for it.

No comments: